(Collaboration Enabled Information Technology Service Management)
An evolving horizon
CEITSM (Collaboration Enabled Information Technology Service Management)
While revolutions in communication and service management automation have enabled a far more mobile and efficient Information Technology Service Management,
effectively marrying these key technologies has not always been easy. Companies have found it difficult to leverage all the traditional
and ever-increasing new communication and collaboration channels within their processes. When decision points in processes require human
intervention, the inability to immediately locate, communicate with and capture responses from a highly mobile workforce and customer base creates
latency that slows down processes and increases costs and risks. In addition, an inability to streamline the process of delivering routine notifications and
inquiries has increased costs as expensive skilled resources must be used to track down the right people, deliver the message and obtain the required responses to move the process forward.
Collaboration-Enabled IT Service Management (CEITSM) removes latency in the execution of automated Information Technology Service management.
By integrating CEITSM with unified communication and collaboration services,
CEITSM eliminates the wait each time a human decision is needed to drive a process forward. With CEITSM,
an automated process can invoke the appropriate communication and collaboration services whenever human decision-making is required.
These services engage the user(s) who must participate in the process, providing automatic notifications over the users'
channel of choice and enabling them to respond through any channel so that the process can continue with minimal interruption.
The solution delivers all of the key capabilities required for CEITSM including:
- Comprehensive multi-channel support for voice, IVR and video conference, email, instant messaging video chat and Web conferencing (WebEx), SMS, wireless access protocol (mobile phones) and social channels.
- Personalization that allows users to define their preferred channels and escalation options for multiple types of notifications.
- Rich presence that offers an enhanced form of presence using skills-based routing, channel preferences, notification types, content, time, location and other relevant criteria to detect presence and send notifications over the best available channel, at the right time and to the right recipient.
- Bi-directional, interactive communications. Notification recipients can provide responses through their channel of choice. This includes the ability to use a unified communications gateway to deliver data such as video footage, pictures from hi-definition cameras or data from medical devices to recipients as well as incorporate it into the process.
Furthermore, the solution would reduce the risk, time and total cost of ownership for companies who implement the solution by rendering the following capabilities
- Options for deployment on the cloud or on-premise. Available as Software-as-a-Service (Saas), the solution offers all the advantages of cloud implementation including the flexible consumption of communication and collaboration services to accelerate a business process flow, on-demand scalability and rapid, cost-effective deployment that eliminates expenditure for hardware or additional IT resources.
- Device-agnostic channel technology is abstracted from the BPM layer so that no client is necessary. No downloads are required for anyone outside the application environment, such as customers, partners or traveling employees who need to participate in the business process by receiving and responding to automatic notifications.